- Rake leaves & shred to use as mulch.
- Check chimney & roof for cracks and damage.
- Inspect your trees & trim limbs that interfere with power lines or are too close to your home.
- Clear gutters of dead leaves & other debris.
- Store outdoor furniture & cushions.
- Remove hoses from spigots & drains. Store hoses and turn off outdoor water.
- Test snow blower & have it professionally serviced if necessary.
- Drain & turn off sprinkler system.
- Direct drainage away from your home.
- Stow your lawn mower.
- Test smoke & carbon monoxide detectors.
- Change batteries in all smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, & your thermostat, whether they’re “dead” or not.
- Check windows & doors for weather-tightness and install weather stripping where needed.
- Seal gaps where critters could enter.
- Have your furnace professionally inspected.
- Wash summer bedding & get out winter bedding.
- Swap out summer clothes & get out winter clothes.
- Replace air filters.
- Remove window A/C Units.
Information provided on this website is for informational purposes only, and in no way is any of the content contained herein to be construed as financial, investment, or legal advice or instruction. American Mortgage Brokers does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timelines of the information. While efforts are made to verify it, the information should not be assumed to be error free. Some information on the website may have been provided by outside sources and has not necessarily been verified by American Mortgage Brokers. American Mortgage Brokers does not assume any liability for the information contained herein.